Moderator post

Dear Moderator,

My name is Brandon Poonwasie (0660). I am in Group 3, along with Juliette Wileman (0875) Chrystal LI (0470) and Audrey King Lassman (0397).

If you'd like to view any of my A2 work, just click the labels on the right that include A2 in them, i.e. A2 Research and Planning and A2 Prelim.

Thank you,
Brandon

Group 3

Group 3

Our Facebook Group

Here is the link to our facebook group:
Group 3 Facebook Group

Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
To get to our website, click the banner above. It will automatically open in a new tab/window.

Our Digipak

Our Digipak

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Shoot Day: 21st November + reflections

This shoot was predominantly focusing on re-shooting the band performance, so that we could complete the performance bed of our video. This was Juliette's turn to direct and film, as she's not in the band, while Audrey, Chrystal and myself were performing.

Juliette framing and directing Audrey's MCU
Unfortunately, we were unable to find Jacob's red jumper or black trousers, so had to shoot with the black jumper that he had with him instead, and borrowed some other black trousers.

Jacob in his black jumper rather than his red one
We took a variety of shot types, including the wide of the entire band, close-ups of Jacob and the instruments, and mid-shots of the individuals.

CU of Audrey's guitar
CU of Jacob

MS of drummer (me)
In this shoot, having previously rehearsed and shot the band performance before made it a lot easier, although complications did arise when we were asked to turn the music down by a member of staff, as when we did, I found it difficult to hear the song over the drums, meaning that I went out of time quite a few times.

In the mid-shots of Chrystal and Audrey, I had to be in the background because you could see the drums, which made me quite tired by the time we got to the individual shots of me. This, as well as not being able to hear the song, impeded upon my overall performance, which I think I should have done better.

Filming the MS of Chrystal, with me in the background
However, overall, we were pleased with the shots.

REFLECTIONS

- Footage of the band individual shots were good, but we wanted to re-take as they went off shot sometimes
- Either we needed to find Jacob's red jumper and re-shoot the wide shot and his individual shots, or we needed to re-shoot the ECU with his black jumper, as we had forgotten to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment