Moderator post

Dear Moderator,

My name is Brandon Poonwasie (0660). I am in Group 3, along with Juliette Wileman (0875) Chrystal LI (0470) and Audrey King Lassman (0397).

If you'd like to view any of my A2 work, just click the labels on the right that include A2 in them, i.e. A2 Research and Planning and A2 Prelim.

Thank you,
Brandon

Group 3

Group 3

Our Facebook Group

Here is the link to our facebook group:
Group 3 Facebook Group

Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
To get to our website, click the banner above. It will automatically open in a new tab/window.

Our Digipak

Our Digipak

Monday 14 July 2014

4. How do you think your prelim experiences will impact on your approach to next term's music video coursework?

I think the prelim task has taught me many skills that will help me next year, such as:
Lip-syncing - The prelim task has helped me to further realise that lip-syncing helps a video to flow, so it has guaranteed its' use in performances during my video.



Shoot organisation - Creating a shootboard detailing each setup, so that we know how much time we have to do the setup and also which shots are vital to get within that time.

As First A-D, Chris was in charge of keeping the team on/ahead of schedule.
Performing - Although I'd prefer to take a more technical role in my video next year due to being an actor in my last one, and therefore not being able to use the camera as much, it has taught me how to perform as in a music video, to pay attention to movement and facial expression so that character attitude comes through effectively, so that if needed I can perform adequately.

The photography band discussing what needs to be done during these shots with Dom and Tash 

Editing - The prelim task has shown me how to edit to sound, so cutting with the music as chords change or on the drum beat, and that this helps to make the video seem fluid and natural.

Adobe Premiere Pro's interface
Make up - Previously I didn't think that make up was quite as vital as it actually is to making videos look good, but the prelim task has made me realise that make up helps to dramatically enhance your on-screen appearance and therefore the integrity of each shot. I will make sure to use this next year, and attempt to learn what make up tricks may be needed for our videos.

Olivia, our make-up artist, who offered to help us with make-up next year

No comments:

Post a Comment