Moderator post

Dear Moderator,

My name is Brandon Poonwasie (0660). I am in Group 3, along with Juliette Wileman (0875) Chrystal LI (0470) and Audrey King Lassman (0397).

If you'd like to view any of my A2 work, just click the labels on the right that include A2 in them, i.e. A2 Research and Planning and A2 Prelim.

Thank you,
Brandon

Group 3

Group 3

Our Facebook Group

Here is the link to our facebook group:
Group 3 Facebook Group

Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
To get to our website, click the banner above. It will automatically open in a new tab/window.

Our Digipak

Our Digipak

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Initial research, influences and ideas: Influential styles

I like the use of close-ups on the singers and instruments during Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (Edgar Wright, along with the use of camera movement to get progressively closer to the character.

I also like this in 'That's What You Get' by Paramore:


Also, I like the uses of focus in these, as they focus on the foreground, while the background is blurred, drawing attention to specific details of lip-synchs, facial expressions or instruments being played. 

Focus is also used in 5 Seconds of Summer's 'She's so Perfect', and the lighting is also something I like with this video as it is supposed to be natural lighting and is slightly hazy, which is quite a happy, relaxed setting that I would like to recreate for some of my ideas.


Marc Webb
Marc Webb is the director of The Amazing Spider-Man and 500 Days of Summer, as well as the 'I'm Not Okay' music video for My Chemical Romance. I quite like the way he uses a mixture of fast-paced editing and long shot durations in both 'I'm Not Okay' and 'Bank Dance' (a video to promote 500 Days of Summer). 
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi622264857?ref_=ttvi_vi_imdb_1
(Link to 'Bank Dance')



Other than these, there are no styles, periods or movements that I can think of that would influence my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment