Moderator post

Dear Moderator,

My name is Brandon Poonwasie (0660). I am in Group 3, along with Juliette Wileman (0875) Chrystal LI (0470) and Audrey King Lassman (0397).

If you'd like to view any of my A2 work, just click the labels on the right that include A2 in them, i.e. A2 Research and Planning and A2 Prelim.

Thank you,
Brandon

Group 3

Group 3

Our Facebook Group

Here is the link to our facebook group:
Group 3 Facebook Group

Our Music Video

Our Website

Our Website
To get to our website, click the banner above. It will automatically open in a new tab/window.

Our Digipak

Our Digipak

Monday 15 September 2014

Initial research, influences and ideas: Audience

As audience research, I created a survey to see how people consume their music. This allowed me to see trends in age, genre, and how music is consumed, so make a more informed decision of who I'd be targeting if I selected a particular band/genre for my music video.

From my research, I found out that among the younger ages (15 to 25), the indie, pop, rock and alternative genres are the most popular, while the older (26-59) often said that they liked all genres, apart from either heavy metal or classical. 






An example of one of the older audience members surveyed, listing Motown and Country among their favourites (though still included pop music)
Something I also noticed from this research was that all of them acquired music via some form of streaming and download (mainly iTunes), so the technological element of iTunes downloads is used through all ages and can therefore be marketed to everyone. It also showed me that younger people seem to be more likely to download music illegally than other demographics.

From my research, I also found out that the main online music service the audience is aware of is YouTube, then iTunes second, so releasing the music video on YouTube and linking it to both the website and the iTunes download would be beneficial, as people are aware of these two services the most.
Ipsos research into what music services the audience are aware of


No comments:

Post a Comment